Short-circuit and Earth Fault Indicators
The Sensorform range of Short-circuit and Earth Fault Indicators detects short-circuit and earth faults on medium voltage underground cables. A wide range of options are available for enclosure type, power source, indicator type, reset method, trip-level selection, auxiliary outputs, and remote indication.
Detection and indication of earth and phase faults in Medium Voltage underground cable
Each unit has a core-balanced sensor which is fixed around the three phases of the cable. Units that detect a current imbalance due to an earth fault will trip and indicate by either bright LED and/or a mechanical flag. The EFI helps to quickly identify in which section of the network an earth fault is located, once the network has been tripped by the upstream protection. The CFI unit has Phase-Phase short-circuit detection using extra CTs connected around individual phase conductors.
Key features include:
- Choice of indication method: LED/MECHANICAL FLAG/BOTH
- Resetting method: AUTO-RESET/TIMER-RESET/ MANUAL-RESET
- Power source option: MAINS/BATTERY/DC/CT POWER
- Trip level: FACTORY SET/USER SELECTABLE
- Automation option: AUX. RELAY
- Enclosure option: Flush-mount (IP65) or Panel-mount (IP40)